Why do we like listening to music?

Image
Do we listen to music differently in different stages of our lives?  Do we find some songs more gratifying than others in different times in our lives? Why do some songs make us feel good inside and others are just... just alright. Is it the wave frequency or is it that we relate to the lyrics? I, personally, know that I am not drawn to the words, sure it's great when the songs connect to your feelings and thoughts, but that is not my top requirement when choosing which songs I like or I should say which songs pull me in. I don't feel I choose them. They automatically get replayed and eventually given the title (at least in my head if I don't share them with anyone) that this song is goood.  My taste of music is different than what most people around me like. It is a personal thing. Most of the time I listen to music either on my earphones or in my car, sometimes there are others around me where in that case I listen to different genres usually something more upbeat. Most d

Chills, Peace & Simplicity

Something about the air was chilly today...I don't mean temperature wise but rather a feeling of hollowness that gives you the chills. Waves of sadness kept barging in me and those around me uncontrollably. We kept trying to hide it with bursts of happiness, positivity and without having a care but nonetheless the feeling kept coming back. This winter weather does something to you. Perhaps it is the rain from yesterday, something is in the air. Perhaps, it is the political state of what is currently happening in this world (Jerusalem being declared capital of Israel), something is in the air.

I think it is the sadness that we as humanity have come to be in Our World. If you pause and really think about it, you will feel it.

Nonetheless, I think it is a good thing to feel this way. We are connecting. We are reaching into our deeper selves and feeling our human nature. Basic instincts that were once all we had. Back to a time where there were limited factors, societies, opinions, agendas to care about. Back to a time where there was no media to tell you what to feel, how to feel, how to act, but to a time where you heard only from your family, friend or neighbor. You heard and cared about what concerned you.

Oh, how life was simple. We need to bring back that simplicity... oh how much happier we all would be.

Again, from the modern hippie in me, sending positive energy and healing into this world....change the way you think, find the peace within you, just be, and keep to what only concerns you. Life should be simple. Let us not escalate that which has already escalated.

- Peace & Love



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Real Cartoon & Comic Characters

Why do we like listening to music?

A Blast from the Nineties - 90ies Toys, Games & Gadgets