Why do we like listening to music?

Image
Do we listen to music differently in different stages of our lives?  Do we find some songs more gratifying than others in different times in our lives? Why do some songs make us feel good inside and others are just... just alright. Is it the wave frequency or is it that we relate to the lyrics? I, personally, know that I am not drawn to the words, sure it's great when the songs connect to your feelings and thoughts, but that is not my top requirement when choosing which songs I like or I should say which songs pull me in. I don't feel I choose them. They automatically get replayed and eventually given the title (at least in my head if I don't share them with anyone) that this song is goood.  My taste of music is different than what most people around me like. It is a personal thing. Most of the time I listen to music either on my earphones or in my car, sometimes there are others around me where in that case I listen to different genres usually something more upbeat. Most d

Vacation...or a very unorganized post

I've discovered that even when you are not in the mood for a vacation, it does in up relaxing you. During my Eid break I got the chance to go to Antalya, Turkey. It was beautifully relaxing and I did end up enjoying it even though I still managed not to get enough sleep. I always say you need a vacation after a vacation. But this time I my mind got the chance to relax and it was very nice.



I stayed in a suite on the ninth floor with an amazing view as you can see above. How could I not relax my mind with that? Sitting on my balcony just looking at that sea made me feel better. Watching the sail boats pass by, the ships, the yachts...it's just something that I really enjoy. I do hope in my future I will be able to have a boat of my own--something about them just fascinates me and the thought of them alone relaxes me... and that is why I have decided to paint the two canvases I have in my room with sail boats. I've been thinking for a veeery long time about what I should paint on those two little canvas boards I bought like a year ago and I've finally decided! You might think that I should just go for it and paint whatever but its going in my room and I want something worth looking at! So sailboats it is! I should add that (I might of mentioned this before) that my old paintings are laying underneath my bed. It's not that they are ugly or anything, its just I don't like crowded wall space. I actually have nothing on my wall currently--which is kind of sad--except for a cool clock (that's not working after my move from Saudi Arabia which I think has something to do with its energy--sounds crazy but I think its true because it works in some places in the house but not in my room!) Anyways guess what the clock looks like...and I've had this ever since I was young...it looks like this:


Which brings me to a thought...how do we come about to like the things we do? Is it something our surroundings make us interested in? As a kid I used to always go to the beach with my family so the beach was something I grew up to love but I didn't sail. Jet skies or speed boats were the closest thing to sailing I experienced. I've actually never sailed, so perhaps my desire and my curiosity to sail is what makes me like it. Hmmm. All I know is that when our minds like or desire something, dopamine is released in our brains and that in turn makes us feel happy. But what exactly or when exactly did that specific thing begin triggering the release of dopamine probably goes back to a combination of intrinsic human behavior plus extrinsic individual experiences.

Anyway, I think I rambled too much in this blog post so let me just say one more thing. I'm glad I got my camera and to tell you the truth I thought I would be much more knowledgeable about the subject but I've discovered that there is a lot to learn...which is a good thing! Because easy things are boring things! Yayy I've got something to learn about.

So let me post up a picture I took the other day while messing with my camera...I like it...yes its not that special but the combination of colors that came out was not what I was actually seeing in real life so it made me like it.


Unfortunately I did not have my slr camera in Turkey, which would of been amazing considering the beauty of Turkey, but now I do (and I'm super happy about it) and so I plan on posting pictures of Jordan beauty on this blog in addition to anything else whether of interest or not. Another interest of mine besides sailboats would be clouds by the way. So clouds will be something I will look further into once I get more experienced in professional photography.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do we like listening to music?

A Blast from the Nineties - 90ies Toys, Games & Gadgets

Geometric Furniture and Designs