Why do we like listening to music?

Image
Do we listen to music differently in different stages of our lives?  Do we find some songs more gratifying than others in different times in our lives? Why do some songs make us feel good inside and others are just... just alright. Is it the wave frequency or is it that we relate to the lyrics? I, personally, know that I am not drawn to the words, sure it's great when the songs connect to your feelings and thoughts, but that is not my top requirement when choosing which songs I like or I should say which songs pull me in. I don't feel I choose them. They automatically get replayed and eventually given the title (at least in my head if I don't share them with anyone) that this song is goood.  My taste of music is different than what most people around me like. It is a personal thing. Most of the time I listen to music either on my earphones or in my car, sometimes there are others around me where in that case I listen to different genres usually something more upbeat. Most d

I see green inside your home

Often when people contemplate over building a home or anything extra in their current home--one (of several) thoughts come into one's head: "will I have to chop down that tree?"

It has happened several times with people I know that had no choice but to chop down some tress. Although it is a dreaded thing to do, since greenery is something people usually look for, people are sometimes left with no choice.

That is the first reason for this post. My second reason is that trees just look good inside the house. So that said perhaps architects and people can start incorporating the idea of not chopping down a tree and inside building around it and make it part of their home.

This is the work of Chang Architects: its a house in the middle of a city so the greenery incorporated throughout the inside of it made it feel more like a house near the countryside.




I'm not sure where I got this one from, but I like how its a corner of the house and then you look the opposite side and you see modern furnishing.



These just look nice:




Sometimes its only the trunk that is used like these:

 

It can be a tree planted in a big pot. In Italy, when winter comes they bring their lemon tress inside to an area called limonaia. I would love to do this one day. For anyone considering to do this, you need to look for a dwarf lemon tree. I wonder if we have it in Jordan???


King Louis XIV had a greenhouse just for citrus trees because he liked the scent of their blooms.


I'm sure there are many complications around having a tree underneath a structure of cement but its worth mentioning to your architect or you doing it on your own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blast from the Nineties - 90ies Toys, Games & Gadgets

Why do we like listening to music?

Real Cartoon & Comic Characters